home > products & services > workshops > seattle, wa
Start Date: 29 Oct 2012
End Date: 02 Nov 2012
***Last few places remaining***
‘Model-based drug development: Incorporating population variability into mechanistic prediction of PK and modelling of PK-PD'
This event will be held at the Red Lion Hotel, Fifth Avenue, Seattle.
Delegates will learn how to simulate:
- Metabolic drug clearance (CL)
- Metabolic drug-drug interactions (DDIs)
- Gut first-pass metabolism
- Oral drug absorption incorporating food effects and the impact of dosage form
- Effect of transporters and enterohepatic recirculation on kinetics and DDIs
- Drug distribution to different organs
- Population variability in drug concentration-time profiles
Variation in kinetics in specific populations (paediatrics, ethnic groups, various disease populations)
- Pharmacodynamic effects of different compounds
- Time-course of drug in plasma that fits observed clinical data (achieved by combining fitting techniques with IVIVE, PBPK and drug specific in vitro data)
The workshops are split into two sessions and delegates may register for all or part of the course as follows:
Part I: 29th - 31st Oct 2012
Part II: 31st Oct - 2nd Nov 2012
Click here to download the workshop flyer.
Online booking for Simcyp events is now handled through the Simcyp Members’ Area. Your saved profile is automatically captured on the booking form so there is no need to re-enter your contact details. Click here to link to the booking forms – you will be prompted for your Simcyp Members’ Area user name (email address) and password. If you have forgotten your log-in credentials please follow the instructions on-screen.
If you have not yet registered for the Members’ Area please sign up now.
For further information on any of Simcyp's events please contact Kelly Turton.